You are awarded points for using Project-GC in different ways, and from that we are creating a top list. Depending on your placement on the top list in the end of the year, you are rewarded a PGC-badge.
The system is still under development there is a high risk that we will change the formulas, which will then affect the order in the top list as well. Once the year has ended and the year badges has been awarded, they will not change.
A few examples of what rewards points:
- Using Project-GC. The more you use Project-GC, the more points you get.
Using our Community support system.
Your total score at http://project-gc.com/qa/?qa=user is divided by 100 when converted into PGC points.
- Creating Challenge checker scripts.
- Tagging challenge checkers for more challenges they work against.
- Using our Statbars or Badgebars.
- Using our Profile stats at your Geocaching.com profile.
- Having an active Membership.
- Recruit friends into our Membership program.
- Adding and verifying your email address in Settings.
- And much more ...
The data is updated on a daily basis.