To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Awaiting feedback] Checker for GC9Y71N

[Awaiting feedback] Checker for GC9Y71N
August 08, 2022 07:53AM
Hello,

i want a checker for my first challenge. The logger needs to have an average D2/T2 rating at least in any random year to be allowed lo go my cache.

Thanks in advance
Re: Checker for GC9Y71N
August 08, 2022 02:12PM
I don't think that will be accepted because of criteria 14:

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#positiveCriteria

Specifically the part where it reads what is not allowed "Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches." Your challenge 'punishes' people for finding caches with a lower D/T-rating, because it brings their average D/T-rating down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2022 02:12PM by Pihoqahiak. (view changes)
August 08, 2022 03:24PM
A good rule of thumb recommended by my Reviewer is that is should not be possible to "un-qualify" (lose qualification status) just by continuing playing the game. You qualify once, you qualify forever.

(Unless of course you couch-log caches and then the CO deletes your logs -- of course then you might lose qualification status.)
August 08, 2022 03:57PM
This type already exists elsewhere so i don't zee the problem. The moment i have a checker the cache can go online says the reviewer
August 08, 2022 04:09PM
No, there are no precedents for Challenge caches. Just because one exists elsewhere it does not means that new identical ones can be placed. This is stated at the bottom of the Challenge Cache Guidelines page.

I recently reported such a Challenge to HQ. They quickly archived & locked the listing. I would double-check again with your Reviewer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2022 04:11PM by Hügh. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login