To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Awaiting feedback] challenge - 200 contiguous counties

[Awaiting feedback] challenge - 200 contiguous counties
April 25, 2024 07:23PM
challenge checker - need a checker for GCAPTR
challenge is to find 200 contiguous counties with finds. Contingous means counties which share a portion of the county boundary with another county.
Re: challenge - 200 contiguous counties
April 25, 2024 08:01PM
Can you check your GCcode because there is one letter or number missing.

But before we can make a checker we would like to ask you to contact your reviewer if he would publish a challenge cache with this criteria because H/Q has not accepted the contiguous counties methode
April 25, 2024 10:57PM
CODE IS GCAPTRS
I have placed contiguous county challenges in NM. They prefer that no more than 3 caches with different levels of caches needed be placed.
I will check with the reviewer if the rules are different in AZ.
My cache in NM with contiguous county requirement is GC88Y1N
April 26, 2024 02:18AM
please provide me the method to use to contact the reviewer. I have submitted one cache already but have not rcvd any response. Basically I would like to have his/her name.
If you have received any instructions from geocaching.com that contiguous caches are no longer to be published, I'll just drop this cache and go on to other challenges.
Here is a partial list of challenges I am planning to publish. If any of these are not valid in AZ please advise.
Fizzy and Jasmer level 1
Fizzy diagonals value >= 10
365 day continuous streak
state of AZ one cache or more in every adjacent county to AZ in the US
fizzy level 10
10 states with caches >= 100
8 types with caches >=100
April 26, 2024 07:50AM
Challenges about contiguous counties or states are not allowed. (Your idea about all counties adjacent to AZ can still be done, though, just that you need to explicitly list which counties are needed. It is a fixed list, not any random set of contiguous counties.)

I don't know over what timeframe you haven't recieved a response from your reviewer, but remember that reviewers are unpaid volunteers doing this on their free time. Up to a week should be considered normal as a response time since reviewers may have other engagements, many other incoming caches, or require a second opinion on your question before sending a response. Or all the above, for that matter.
April 26, 2024 08:52AM
You can contact your reviewer by posting a reviewer note on the cache page, remember that you have to submit the cache for review for the reviewer to see your question.
April 28, 2024 10:29PM
I understand that configuous caches are no longer acceptable to be used in challenge caches. Please cancel this request.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login