To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Requesting checker for GC87024

[Resolved] Requesting checker for GC87024
April 28, 2019 06:14AM
hi there, this challenge is a paired down version of GC5CRR1 Bachelors Degree in Geocaching (and there is a checker on that page). i know creating a checker for all of it is a tall order; in fact, it might be impossible. if it is impossible to do, can someone please let me know? if you decide to accept my request - thank you in advance. i've read it over carefully and i think it meets all the requirements, but input is certainly appreciated.
Re: Requesting checker for GC87024
April 28, 2019 07:33AM
You'll have to provide the criteria for your challenge before we can comment on whether it's possible or not.
April 28, 2019 01:18PM
my apologies. there was so much, i thought you might prefer to look at the cache page. here it is and thanks to vogelbird for confirming the validity of the requirements on the original page that i used to make my challenge. please take a look at one i added and let me know if it is not valid: Time Management 401 - find at least 100 geocaches in the months of June, July and August (cumulative). my requirements are much less daunting than the original poster, so i
cannot just clone that checker.

Bachelor's Degree Course Requirements: Cacher must earn at least 45 credits to achieve diploma

First Year
Time Management 101: 3 credits - Find geocaches on at least 50 days of the year (cumulative)
General Geocaching 101: 3 credits- Find at least 500 geocaches
Geography 101: 5 credits - Find a geocache in at least 2 countries
History 101: 3 credits - Find at least 1 geocache that was placed in the year 2000
Matrix 101: 5 credits - Find a geocache in at least 25 spots in the difficulty/terrain matrix
Non-Traditional Geocaching I.B: 1 credit- Find at least 50 Mystery geocaches

Second Year
Time Management 201: 3 credits - Find geocaches that were placed on at least 50 days of the year (cumulative)
Geography 201: 2 credits - Find a geocache with an elevation of at least 1000 feet
General Geocaching 201: 5 credits - Find at least 5 geocaches of each size (micro, small, regular, large, and other)
History 201: 5 credits - Find at least 1 geocache that was placed in every year starting with 2000
Matrix 201: 4 credits - Find at least 5 high-difficulty geocaches (4 or higher difficulty ratings)
Non-Traditional Geocaching 201: 1 credit - Find at least 5 Multi-caches

Third Year
Time Management 301: 5 credits- Find geocaches on at least 31 consecutive days
General Geocaching 301: 2 credits - Earn at least 10 geocaching souvenirs
Geography 301: 3 credits - Find a geocache in at least 50 U.S. counties
Matrix 301: 4 credits - Find at least 5 high-terrain geocaches (4 and above terrain ratings)
Non-Traditional Geocaching 301: 1 credit - Find at least 10 Earthcaches

Fourth Year
Time Management 401: 3 credits - Find at least 100 caches (total) in the months of June, July and August (cumulative)
Geography 401: 5 credits - Find a geocache in at least 2 U.S. states
Non-Traditional Geocaching 401: 1 credit - Find at least 5 Letterbox Hybrid geocaches
Non-Traditional Geocaching 402: 2 credits - Find at least 5 Virtual geocaches
Non-Traditional Geocaching 403: 5 credits - Attend at least 5 Events

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2019 01:31PM by Vbrewer64. (view changes)
April 28, 2019 04:00PM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC87024/42399

Please test and reply
April 28, 2019 04:23PM
vogelbird, that is a sweet checker. i was just hoping y'all wouldn't say no; had no idea you'd get to it so quickly. thank you. there are three things, 2 for a double check and 1 change request:
  • First Year: General Geocaching 101 - only 500 caches required, not 1000
  • Third Year: Time management 301 - i've decided to change the requirement to 14 consecutive days (so i can write a master's degree-i only have 32 consecutive days myself). can you please modify? i promise not to change anything else.
  • Fourth year: geography 401 - i think the checker is looking for 5 required states, but there are only 2 required.

thank you
April 28, 2019 04:52PM
Checker adjusted, please test and reply
April 28, 2019 07:31PM
you fixed all the things i listed. thank you. there is one i didn't notice the first time through that needs correction, and then it will be ready to go.
  • Fourth year - should be 5 events needed
April 28, 2019 07:37PM
Sorry, fixed
April 28, 2019 09:49AM
The following items are possible and allowed
Chronos I.B - 5 credits - Find geocaches on at least 100 days of the year (these do not have to all be in the same calendar year)
Chronos II.B - 2 credits - Find geocaches that were placed on at least 100 days of the year (these do not have to all be in the same calendar year)
Chronos III.B - 5 credits - Find geocaches on at least 31 consecutive days

General Geocaching I.B - 5 credits - Find at least 1,000 geocaches
General Geocaching II.B - 5 credits - Find at least 10 geocaches of each size (micro, small, regular, large, not chosen, virtual, and other)
General Geocaching III.B - 2 credits - Earn at least 10 geocaching souvenirs

Geography I.B - 5 credits - Find a geocache in at least 2 countries
Geography II.B - 5 credits - Find a geocache in at least 5 U.S. states
Geography III.B - 5 credits - Find a geocache in at least 1 Canadian province
Geography IV.B - 3 credits - Find a geocache in at least 50 U.S. counties
Geography VI.B - 2 credits - Find a geocache at an elevation of at least 1,000 feet

History I.B - 3 credits - Find at least 1 geocache that was placed in the year 2000
History II.B - 5 credits - Find at least 1 geocache that was placed in every month of every year starting with January of 2002

Matrix I.B - 5 credits - Find a geocache in at least 41 spots in the difficulty/terrain matrix
Matrix II.B - 4 credits - Find at least 10 high-difficulty geocaches (4-, 4.5-, and 5-star difficulty ratings)
Matrix III.B - 4 credits - Find at least 10 high-terrain geocaches (4-, 4.5-, and 5-star terrain ratings)

Non-Traditional Geocaching I.B - 1 credit - Find at least 100 Mystery/Puzzle/Unknown geocaches
Non-Traditional Geocaching II.B - 1 credit - Find at least 10 Multi-caches
Non-Traditional Geocaching III.B - 1 credit - Find at least 10 Letterbox Hybrid geocaches
Non-Traditional Geocaching IV.B - 1 credit - Find at least 10 Earthcaches
Non-Traditional Geocaching V.B - 1 credit - Find at least 10 Virtual geocaches
Non-Traditional Geocaching VII.B - 1 credit - Attend at least 10 Events (does not include CITO, Mega-Events, or Giga-Events)
Non-Traditional Geocaching VIII.B - 1 credit - Attend at least 1 CITO (Cache In Trash Out) event
Non-Traditional Geocaching IX.B - 1 credit - Find at least 1 Webcam geocache
Non-Traditional Geocaching X.B - 1 credit - Find at least 1 Wherigo geocache
Non-Traditional Geocaching XI.B - 4 credits - Find/Attend at least 1 "unusual" geocache/event (Mega-Event, Giga-Event, Project A.P.E, GPS Adventure Maze Exhibit, Geocaching Block Party, or Geocaching HQ)
April 28, 2019 07:51PM
if works great. thank you very much, vogelbird.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login