To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GCANHZ7, 10 different types in 10 different regions in Norway

[Resolved] GCANHZ7, 10 different types in 10 different regions in Norway
April 03, 2024 12:32PM
I would like a checker for GCANHZ7.
Requirement: For each of the below listed cache types, there must be a region in Norway where you have found (attended for event types) at least one cache of that type. No region can be used to cover more than one type, this means
- One region R1 must have a find of a Traditional Cache,
- Another region R2 different from R1 must have a Multi-Cache find,
- A third region R3 different from R1 and R2 first must have an Event Cahe attendance
and so on.

The 10 cache types to be covered are: Traditional Cache, Multi-Cache, Mystery Cache, Event Cache, CITO-Event cache, Mega-Event Cache, Letterbox Hybrid, Wherigo Cache, EarthCache, Virtual Cache.

NB! I have seen checkers using the script "N caches with NxN different properties". It's OK to use this for a start, but from what I manage to read in the code, it seems to be of exceptional order and I know some have experienced time-out with these checkers, in particular if they have a complex varitey of finds.

I have an alternative algorithm that is of polynomial order and therefore should be much faster on large cases. However, it only covers dimension = 2 (NxN different properties), and not general dimension (NxNx...xN) which is covered by the existing script.

If wanted, I can contribute with lua code for the algorithm.

Thanks in advance.
Re: GCANHZ7, 10 different types in 10 different regions in Norway
April 03, 2024 01:06PM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCANHZ7/87002

Please test and reply
April 03, 2024 01:14PM
Works perfect, thanks!
I see you used another script, so then I guess the algorithm I mentioned is already implemented. That's good.
April 03, 2024 01:57PM
Thanks for the support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login