To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Awaiting feedback] Grandfathered Challenge Cache GC3EWW5 - It’s As Easy As ABC…..not! Z to A 26-Day Challenge

Hello, when looking at this existing (grandfathered) challenge cache, GC3EWW5 It’s As Easy As ABC…..not!Z to A 26-Day Challenge, we noticed that it does not have a challenge checker. It seems to us that the building blocks for checking qualification for this challenge cache probably already exist from other challenge checkers and that it may not be difficult to add one.

We are not the cache owners of the cache in question, but think it would be helpful if a challenge checker could be created for it, especially as the cache owner is currently providing maintenance to the cache.

Thanks!
Hi there -

I've created a one-off script that checks this, as there was no script available that could be tagged to check it:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC3EWW5/72350

It verifies that the last 10 finders do qualify, and somebody who does not qualify (me) doesn't. Note that, I strip any leading whitespace when determining the first letter of the cache name. Otherwise, there would have been someone who didn't pass, but looking at the cache name, you'd never know it has leading spaces.

Unfortunately, it looks as though this challenge was archived just a few days ago. So, please test and verify, although it likely makes little difference now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login