To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Inserting challenge checkers into the cache description.

[Resolved] Inserting challenge checkers into the cache description.
November 27, 2022 06:47PM
This is surely basic information for followers of this thread, but this technologically challenged beginner needs help in creating a challenge trail. Perhaps someone can help me with one of the following two possible methods to get the checker in or after the cache description. I have submitted the cache for approval, so have a GC number, but need to add the challenge checker. The challenge in this case is to log 10 different U.S. States.

1. I can find a cache in another state (or probably my state) that has the same challenge. I THINK that I can go to the challenge checker for that cache, and check that part of the box on the right side of the screen that says "clone tag". I get a popup message that allows me to fill in my cache number and then click on "clone". Is it really that simple? If so, probably no need to go to number 2 unless you are interested in educating the severely challenged in this area.

2. I ask on the checker request thread for someone to give me a link for the particular challenge, in this case for 10 different states. Soon there will be a link to such a challenge checker, and I can take the same steps as in method #1.

Thanks much for your sympathy, understanding, and assistance!
Re: Inserting challenge checkers into the cache description.
November 27, 2022 07:57PM
1. Clone tag
As a solution we have implemented a "Clone tag". When on the checker page you can press the Clone tag button, the web page will then ask you for the GC-Code of your challenge. When pressing the Clone button a new checker tag will be created with an identical configuration for you.
2. Forum tag
The link provided can be placed on the listing

For both 1 and 2
You can use this procedure to place the checker on the listing
1. Open the link as provided
2. Click on in the "link" button on the right
3. Copy the code for the third option and paste it into your cache description
(You might need to first click on the green button above the description to put it in the right mode.)
4. Save & preview and submit for publication once you're happy with it.

If you don't see the usual challenge check icon you might need to click the Source button above the cache description box before you paste the code.
November 28, 2022 12:07PM
Thanks for the help! I think maybe I won't have to answer questions on my remaining 99 challenge caches!
November 28, 2022 09:41PM
I tried clicking on the "clone" section of the challenge checker for my GCA28AJ, but got this message:

Error GC-Code already seems to be tagged with a checker

But no checker shows up after the description of my cache. Is it possible that this is the result of the fact I submitted the cache without the checker before trying the cloning? In any event, what do you suggest I might try next?
November 28, 2022 10:40PM
GCA28AJ has already a checker which you asked for in this forum. You can not clone a checker on the same gccode
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login