To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Checker Please 5

[Resolved] Checker Please 5
June 09, 2023 02:07PM
Hi
I am after a checker for GCA9JD0

To claim the challenge cache as found the finder must have found and logged a total of 12 months where they have found 9 types of caches in that month. For any month of any year; only one month per the 12 results.
Would like the table to list each month, (included failed months) the year that it qualifies and the caches (eg trad event multi etc etc)
Thanks
Re: Checker Please 5
June 09, 2023 02:50PM
"year that it qualifies": Are you intending for this to be completed within a single month? (For example, 9 types in March 2021 is "1" and then 9 types in March 2022 is "1")

In this case, this challenge is not publishable under the current Challenge Cache Guidelines:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 9: Time-Limited

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Examples: Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.

However if you make months cumulative over all years, then it is publishable.
June 09, 2023 03:50PM
my thoughts were eg
march 2005 9 types, April 2023 9 types September 2017 9 types
if September 2018 got 9 types then it doesn't count as already have a September logged in

when you say accumulative like a trad, puzzle multi event in April 2012, a letterbox and cito in April 2013.......
June 09, 2023 05:17PM
Unfortunately, the former idea there is not publishable, since you are requiring 9 finds in a single month (that also have to be different types.) That falls under the "time-limited" prohibition.

When I say "cumulative", I mean what you describe: essentially, you ignore the year and only look at the month of the find. (This is permitted, since there is no longer a time limit of finding all 9 within a single month, if a player misses, they can "continue where they left off" the next year.)
June 09, 2023 11:03PM
thanks
i get what you say
is there a way to make it a little more challenging, adding something or must complete it twice, i am a little lost now.

was doing it for a particular d/t, seems a little easier now.
June 10, 2023 11:27AM
Hi I would like to run with your idea please.
June 10, 2023 12:07PM
June 10, 2023 01:07PM
hi
would like to adjust it a little more please.
the 9 types must include Event, cito, trad, unknown, multi, letterbox, whereigo, virtual and earthcache
and 7 caches must be in Queensland
June 10, 2023 02:04PM
For this I have to go to a different script but you are missing a CITO in July

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA9JD0/78474
June 10, 2023 02:21PM
thanks and i like the new lay out
sorry can i ask you to check that the qualifying caches meet the requirement of 7 (per month)being found in Queensland
i did a check on a couple of cahers known and it does not seem to be clear. if you can check please
June 10, 2023 02:44PM
made it with 9 different types and needed only 7 Filters:( types (Traditional Cache , Unknown Cache , Multi-cache , Event Cache , Earthcache , Letterbox Hybrid , Cache In Trash Out Event , Virtual Cache , Wherigo Cache) , visitmonth:01 , country:Australia , region:Queensland)
June 10, 2023 03:06PM
thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login