To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Update to GCAH5JC/83628 Checker

[Resolved] Update to GCAH5JC/83628 Checker
December 12, 2023 08:10AM
Hello,

I was just planning to submit my challenge caches for Gold Silver and Bronze and noticed the outputs weren't totally making sense.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAH5JC/83628

I ran a few folks through while for my profile it shows correctly I pass with 1 continent with 3 countires, 3 icons in each, 1 continent with 2 countries, 2 icons in each and 1 cache on a 3rd continent,

I ran the results for another user: "NVTaps" and it said they qulaified... but only displayed the 1 contienent with 3 countires... not the subsequently required 2x2 and 1x1 continents. It would require minimum of three continents to qualify and pass.

Also, it shows some of the passing countries as only having 2 icons instesd of the required 3.
December 12, 2023 10:04AM
I have sent a message to the scriptwriter because there is something wrong when testing the other tags.
December 13, 2023 04:59PM
Gold: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA2J4J/73252

Is it possible to get the Gold version back online, as that checker did seem to always be reporting correctly on all the tests I had run with it (for over a year). It was only on the Bronze version that I noticed an outpout irregularity testing a few tags. but obviously happy to be patient as I know these things take the time they take. I appreciate all the work you guys put in to helping us out.

m2
December 14, 2023 05:12PM
Clarifying again - recorrecting my orginal post:

appears to be disbaled now as it is under review, but it always was working correctly, as far as I could tell. Can it be reactivated so the challenge can publish?

With: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAH5JC/83628

I ran a few folks through and while for my profile it shows correctly I pass.

I ran the results for another user: "NVTaps" and it said they qualified... but only displayed the 1 continent with 3 countires... not the subsequently required 2nd continent with (2,1) and 3rd continent with 1. It would require minimum of three continents to qualify and pass.
December 14, 2023 05:26PM
I believe the scriptwriter is working on this that's why the script is disabled
December 14, 2023 06:16PM
Ok, thanks for the udpate! I'll await further news.
December 12, 2023 05:58PM
Hello,

I just wanted to re-clarify the parameters of the challenge... as I had my original oone sitting idle so long that I sort of forgot my original request details. Since we are now looking to ifinalize and publish all three difficulty levels of these challenges, as featured here:

Silver Medal https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAH5J9/83627
Bronze Medal https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAH5JC/83628

NOTE there still seems to be some issue with at least the Bronze checker running cache names other than mine (like NVTaps) where it won't show the 2nd and 3rd qualifying continents.

The criterion I am looking for is below (which I believe the original checker does correctly, as we went over all those details in November 2022. Note it is NOT 5 countries with 5 icons in each... so for silver and bronze I DO believe it is looking for the correct results... just seems to be some issue on the results as you mentioned while testing other tags.

1 continent:
1 unique country with 5 distinct icon/cache type
1 unique country with 4 distinct icons/cache type
1 unique country with 3 distinct icons/cache type
1 unique country with 2 distinct icons/cache type
1 unique country with 1 distinct icons/cache type

1 unique/different continent with:
1 unique country with 4 distinct icons/cache type

For example: My qualifiers are

1. EUROPE: France (5), Norway (5), Spain (5), Greece (5), Netherlands (5)
2. ASIA: Vietnam (6), Cambodia (3), China (3), Laos (2)
3. AFRICA: (Tanzania (3), Uganda (3), Egypt (2)
4. NORTH AMERICA: USA (12), Mexico (4)
5. SOUTH AMERICA: Ecuador (3)

This would require 35 distinct caches across 15 distinct countries across 5 distinct continents.

So Silver is Just Steps 2-5 as seen above (4,3,2,1) (3,2,1) (2,1) (1)
And bronze is Steps 3-5 (3,2,1) (2,1) (1)
December 15, 2023 01:52AM
Just an update - I haven't had sufficient time to look at the issue, although I've confirmed it, and the script is disabled until I can fix it. I hope to get to it this weekend... But it's coming up on the holidays so life is pretty busy. Thanks for the patience...
December 15, 2023 01:56AM
Thank YOU for all your time and work. Of course I'll be patient. Truly appreciate all the work you do for us on the other side. The Bronze and Silver versions of this challenge did publish, but the checker was disabled for the Gold version when my reviewer got to that one, so it is still on hold.

m2
December 15, 2023 04:22PM
I've reenabled the script - since it's being used in your active caches. It seems to report correctly for continents and countries on silver and bronze level... it may be incorrect on the types, and still has the bug on gold levels. I'm on my mobile and won't be able to look at it until Sunday evening on my computer... as you might imagine, it's hard to edit code on a cellphone! :)
December 15, 2023 05:15PM
Oh my, no need to feel rushed about any of this. Thank you so much for re-enabling the checkers and looking at the issues. Please don't fret about any sort of deadline. I really appreciate your attention the project!!

m2
December 17, 2023 02:34AM
So, I think it's all correct now - if I run NVTaps on the gold checker, it says they don't pass - no continent for 5+4, and North America for 3. I also now get the failure on the gold version (I shouldn't pass).

My partner - spidermonkey09 sends her regards (apparently she's been talking to you on about them on FB?). I guess maybe we're going to have to get to Tahoe at some point now so we can sign in... and then go to some other continents so I can qualify, because she already does! :)

Test them out and let us know.
December 19, 2023 06:39PM
Hey! I appreciate all your work on these! And fun that your partner is in the worldwise caching group commenting on the challenge. It's fun to meet folksk through that comunnity. If you ever make it to Tahoe, drinks on me at the brewery!

I just ran NVTaps agai through the Bronze level checker... and the output still shows what i think is incorrect.

The requirements should be 3 total continents to qualify... and for NVTaps (as the example that brought this to my attention) it shows a green check, but only 1 continent (with 3 countries). To qualify, they actually need a 2nd continent with 2 countries, and a 3rd continent with 1 country. It is only showing 1 qualifying continent and giving the green check.

My quals show correctly as 3 continents (Europe (needed 3), North America (needed 2), Asia (needed 1).

It doesn't seem to be a major issue... but was testing folks in the area for publication and running NV Taps on the Bronze checker was the one time I saw was seemed to be an error.

m2
January 18, 2024 09:45PM
Not sure if I fixed this, and just didn't respond - if I run NVTaps through the bronze checker, it prints out their North America caches, which is their only continent, but gives them a failure, since they only have one continent. Could you confirm that the issue here is fixed?
January 18, 2024 09:47PM
Ah yes… thanks for the fix. It does appear to be functioning properly as best as I can test it. The cachers who had claimed qualifying with only one continent are also now showing failures and that they only have 1 of 3 needed.

This can be resolved. Thank you!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login