To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GCAHBPY: Government Challenge Senate Majority Leader

[Resolved] GCAHBPY: Government Challenge Senate Majority Leader
December 14, 2023 10:23PM
I am working on a series of Challenges based on the US Goverment system...

This version is to become "Senate Majority Leader"

1. Required: at least 30 finds (found it, attended, webcam photo taken) in one US state. This represents qualifying for the required minimum age to be in the House of Representatives (and residency). Any state counts, not based on any sort of actual home location.

2. Collect "Votes" in each state by logging a find (found it, attended, webcam photo taken) up to the total amount of Senatorss in each state (Max 2). There are 100 total Senators and to qualify you need to reach a majority of that number, so a minimum total of 51 "votes" to qualify.

Note 1 : Each state has 2 senators... a "Senior" and "Junior" Senator...
Senior: Any Traditional Cache type find
Junior: Any find/attend/webcam photo of DIFFERENT cache type (other than Traditional)

Example: California 2/2 Votes: Senior (Traditional Cache) and Junior (Virtual Cache)
If someone has at least a traditional cache type, they get 1 vote. If they have any other types in addition to a traditional find, they get the second vote (2/2). If they have multiple cache types, but NOT any traditional cache type finds, they would only get 1 vote no matter how mayny other icons are represented).

Example: If someone Found a Multi, EarthCache, Virtual, and attended an Event, but had NO "Traditional Cache" type finds, they'd only get 1/2 votes.

Note 2: In cases of a tie in senate voting, the Vice President will cast a tie-breaking vote... so any cache find in Washington, DC can count as a bonus "Tiebreaker" vote.

So there are actually a total of 101 points/votes available, 2 per US state, 1 for Washington DC. but I'd like the checker to show 100 as the total (the DC is a Bonus point, reflected in the "score" or "vote total" but not the "total available" count.

I qualify with at least 30 caches found in California and a total of 72 of a possible 100 "votes".
My Votes/Finds per State:
Alabama 1/2 (Trad, NONE)
Alaska 0 / 2 (NONE, NONE)
Arizona 2 / 2 (trad, virt)
Arkansas 1/2 (trad, NONE)
California 2/2 (trad, virt)
Colorado 2/2 (trad, EC)
Connecticut 1/2 (trad, NONE)
Delaware 1 / 2 (trad, NONE
Florida 2/2 (trad, virt)
Georgia 2/2 (trad, ?)
Hawaii 2/2 (trad, EC)
Idaho 2/2 (trad, ?)
Illinois 2/2 (trad, virt)
Indiana 0/2 (NONE, NONE)
Iowa 2/2 (trad, multi)
Kansas 2/2 (trad, EC)
Kentucky 1/2 (trad, NONE)
Louisiana 2/2 (trad, multi)
Maine 2/2 (trad, LB)
Maryland 1/2 (trad, NONE)
Massachusetts 1/2 (trad, NONE)
Michigan 0/2 (NONE, NONE)
Minnesota 2/2 (trad, EC)
Mississippi 2/2 (trad, virt)
Missouri 2/2 (trad, EC)
Montana 2/2 (trad, virt)
Nebraska 1/2 (trad, NONE)
Nevada 2/2 (trad, ?)
New Hampshire 2/2 (trad, EC)
New Jersey 1/2 (trad, NONE)
New Mexico 2/2 (trad, multi)
New York 2/2 (trad, EC)
North Carolina 1/2 (trad, NONE)
North Dakota 0/2 (NONE)
Ohio 0/2 (NONE)
Oklahoma 2/2 (trad, Virt)
Oregon 2/2 (trad, EC)
Pennsylvania 2/2 (trad, ?)
Rhode Island 1/2 (trad, NONE)
South Carolina 1/2 (trad, NONE)
South Dakota 2/2 (trad, EC)
Tennessee 2/2 (trad, Virt)
Texas 2/2 (trad, ?)
Utah 2/2 (trad, virt)
Vermont 0/2 (NONE, NONE)
Virginia 1/2 (trad, NONE)
Washington 2/2 (trad, EC)
West Virginia 0/2 (NONE, NONE)
Wisconsin 1/2 (trad, NONE)
Wyoming 2/2 (trad, virt)

DC Tiebreaker: 0/1 (NONE)
December 15, 2023 01:07PM
The checker is made but running a bug somewhere. Some cachers are getting green and for some the script is failing.

The scriptwriter is contacted to shed some light on this
December 15, 2023 05:25PM
Thanks! I will be patient and quietly await any updates. Thank you to you and the script writer!!

m2
December 16, 2023 09:58AM
It looks like the bug is sorted and you can test the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAHBPY/83845
December 20, 2023 02:09AM
This does look to be functioning properly. Is it possible to have the type of cache shown for the second run of states? Just show the first cache found and type instead of total numbers? I really like the look of this checker's results:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC3AQ65/4022

But if making changes to the output or including icon images will overly complicate the issue... I'll let it be. The checker does exactly what I was asking it to do in order to check the qualifying requirements, so I can be happy with what i've been provided.

m2
December 20, 2023 11:32AM
I tried to implement your request but the output needs a lot of fixing by the scriptwriter which is not worth the effort.

Unless somebody comes up with a better idea I will keep this checker as it is
December 20, 2023 04:53PM
I appreciate the attempt to address the request... and appreciate even more the value of script writers' time and effort, so will be happy with the checker that we have, as it does indeed check for the challenge as I've asked for!

Thanks you so much. Happy Holidays

Resolved!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login