To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GCAH5J9 Checker Review

[Resolved] GCAH5J9 Checker Review
January 09, 2024 04:03PM
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAH5J9/83627

Hello,

This checker was being reviewed before... and it still appears that there might be some issue with the output for qualifications...

When I run my own stats, it shows that I qualify with all the required continents (4 different continents required). However, I also just had a couple cachers post their checker produced qualifications (with they "..and they did" Gree Check mark) but it only shows 1 continent for their quals... 1 continent with 4 countries... though the actual challenge does require finds on 3 additional continents.

For users jellis and Shrektrician it is showing only 1 continent in their qualifying results... which is not the full requiremetns of the challenge. Can this checker be reviewed for output? When I run my own results "MSqwared" it shows all 4 continents as needed. as it does for "MathProfessor" but for some reason, it seems like maybe people with only 1 continent at the highest level also are being given the Green light erroneously... This may be the same issue also happening for the Bronze verison as well - checker: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAH5JC/83628

The requirements are:
On 1 continent, Find:
1 unique country with at least 4 distinct icons/cache type
1 unique country with at least 3 distinct icons/cache type
1 unique country with at least 2 distinct icons/cache type
1 unique country with at least 1 distinct icons/cache type

On 1 unique/different continent, Find:
1 unique country with at least 3 distinct icons/cache type

Re: GCAH5J9 Checker Review
January 10, 2024 01:30PM
Hi there -

vogelbird pinged me about this - I'll give it another check, but likely not until tomorrow, and try to find the issue(s). The difficulty with writing scripts on PGC is frequently in the testing, as we're not keenly aware of users who would pass/fail, and there's no way to "automatically" verify the results. Generally I just run a small subset of users in my area for challenges, and if they give the expected results, then we ask that the requestor does further testing. Anyhow, thanks for your patience, hopefully the fix won't be too cumbersome.
January 10, 2024 01:37PM
Hey! So I am more than happy to be patient… all my testing had looked good to, running it with various catchers until I caught the current issue. I have some who fully qualify and it shows all the qualifications as intended. But now a few folks who have run themselves seem to be getting a green light with just one continent. Really appreciate your time and effort… no rush on getting to this. I’ll patiently await updates. Thank you!
January 12, 2024 03:01AM
Okay, I think I've finally fixed it... jellis and Shrektrician only have finds in North America, so they fail all of the challenges. I have 4 passing continents (I just got back from Cambodia and Vietnam - where of course I found as many types as I could!), so I pass the Bronze and Silver, but fail the Gold... so I think it's all in working order now. Test it out and let me know if you are still seeing any problems.
January 19, 2024 02:13AM
Ah okay - I did respond, there were just two threads. I think this is resolved then also.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login