To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC32KB2 Örnsköldsvik Nature Challenge

[New] GC32KB2 Örnsköldsvik Nature Challenge
October 31, 2023 09:39AM
Not my challenge but an old one that can use a checker in my opinion.

This one requires a cache in every nature reserve and the national park in Örnsköldsvik municipality, Sweden.

The 100% correct way to do this checker would be to work with geographical borders, but the owner supplies a list with qualifying caches, so with the assumption this list is up to date, I suggest to build the checker based on the owners list in the description.
October 31, 2023 09:08PM
The list is not up to date and can't be used any way. The reasonable way of doing this is with the geographical borders. These can be easily downloaded from Naturvårdsverket but I have not had the time to learn the process for making polygon checkers so since we're apparently in a hurry now I guess it's better that somebody else takes over the project.
October 31, 2023 10:13PM
For me no hurries at all ...
November 01, 2023 11:01AM
If you're not in a hurry then I don't see the point of these posts at all. Sweden have many script writers, if a challenge lacks a checker it's not because nobody knows about the challenge. It's because we haven't gotten to it yet and usually because it requires a lot of work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login